Monday, November 8, 2010

City of Glass, My New Favorite Book.

*Attention if you haven't read City of Glass I highly advise you to not read this book review. It contains Spoilers.*


City Of Glass By Casandra Clare
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Timesbestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.


Okay first off, I know i probably should have written a book review for City Of Ashes the second book in the series, but City of Glass is more important to me. As soon as i finished reading City of Ashes i dived into City of Glass. And i couldn't put it down. I had to keep reading. I even stayed up till 4am one night trying to finish and was supposed to get up and go to class at 7:30am. That so didn't happen. But anyways here's what i loved loved about City Of Glass.

Page 12. "Normal isn't all its cracked up to be." Said By Luke.  Now I know this doesn't really have much to do with the storyline of the book, but i thought this quote was pretty interesting and totally dead on. Because being normal really isn't all its cracked up to be. You should be proud to be different. 

Page 15. " If i feel the urge to burst into flames, I'll let you know." Simon never had much patience with Jace. "Look, did you ask me to come all the way uptown just so you could stare at me like I was something in a petri dish? Next time I'll send you a photo."
"And I'll frame it and put it on my nightstand," said Jace, but he didnt sound as if his heart were in the sarcasm. "Look, I asked you here for a reason. Much as I hat to admit it, vampire, we have something in common."
"Totally awesome hair?"   I was laughing as soon as i read this passage. I've always loved the way Simon and Jace bickered between each other. It was always entertaining.

Page 238-239. Is pure epicness. Magnus and Alec are adorably sweet. Alec wants to know why he never called him back and Magnus calls him an idiot. and Alec thinks the reason Magnus didnt call him back is because he's an idiot and Magnus goes on to say that he's in love with him and Alec is dumbfounded and asks "You love me?" and Magnus replies "You stupid Nephilim, why else am I here?"  This passage is one of my favorite moments in the whole book. Alec and Magnus are just way too adorable and hilarious. 

And my last favorite passage from the book, page 523.
"And now I'm looking at you," he said, "and you're asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before--bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it--but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me." 

absolutely love Clary and Jace together. And thank the lord heaven almighty that they turned out to not be related. That was the one thing i kept holding out for while reading the whole series. I had a gut feeling that just maybe they weren't really related. And then that shocking twist happened and you find out that they aren't related. I felt like the angels above were singing hallelujah. Geeky I know. But it's how i felt.
And when Valentine had killed Jace,  I had to read it three times before it sunk in that Valentine had just killed him. and then I cried. and while tears were streaming down my face i kept reading to see what would happen with Clary. and when Raziel granted Clary with anything she wanted and the only thing she wanted was Jace it made my heart leap. And when Jace suddenly woke up i was balling happy tears. 

Out of 3 books of the Mortal Instruments, City of Glass is definitely my favorite. Like I said before, the Mortal Instruments series is Epic. Really Really Epic. I don't think I have read a series this good since Harry Potter and thats saying something. It's even Better then The Vampire Academy Series that I love and adore. It is just that amazing and so easy to relate to the characters and fall in love with them. So worth it to read this series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment